Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!!

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and a fun New Year's day so far! For Christmas we decided to drive to Arkansas to visit my sister in-law's family! One of the perks to being back in the lower 48 is ease of travel! We left Grand Forks in time to miss some ugly negative temps (which was nice for the first time in 6 years!) We came home and rang in the New Year with the neighbors and had a blast!

I don't make many resolutions anymore. I feel like it personally sets us up for failure, so instead I *try* to be better day to day and make my resolutions into goals and have them be attainable. One of my goals is to blog better by making a plan and not just going at it all willy-nilly. Once we moved I really threw my blog onto the back burner and started using my Facebook page more because its muuuuccchhh easier. I love easy. I do most of my FB page from my phone, so it doesn't require downloading and saving, etc. We'll see.

With the blogging better, I'm participating in the Watercooler Wednesday challenge -and by the skin of my teeth mind you. Lol.

This weeks challenge was a 2-week Masculine challenge!
Light. The constant challenge in my life. 



After looking up a clothing company for a teenage nephew, I decided to match my colors to it. Actually, the whole website looks like an 80's/90's beachy SoCal throwback. Scary. Now just to keep the card in a safe place so I can mail it in March. Haha.

I used the new Epic Celebrations Sale-a-bration stamp (available 3 January!) for this card. It is a cool teen card because of the elements, which I feel was missed in the SU Annual Catalog. I honestly wasn't sold on this set as first, but after seeing some other awesome ideas, and having a teen son myself, I knew this would be a shoe-in! (hahahahahahahahahaha)

Insert teen eye-roll and disappointed sigh here.

Seriously though, what teen doesn't love converse and music. Perfect!

Cheers to the New Year and have a stamptastic day!

Leave a comment, tell me how you rang in the new year and what you plan to make!



2 comments:

  1. Wow Jamie, glad you were able to make it before the time ran out. Love your very masculine card with the sneakers. I think this will be a very popular set when the cattie goes live on Wednesday. Love how you looked up the colours from the youth clothing store and used them in your layout. Perfect. thanks so much for joining us at the watercooler this week and inspiring us with your masculine creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayme, what a gorgeous card! Love the colours! This really is a terrific stamp set for those cards we need for teenagers, especially boys. The repetition of the sneakers against the pale blue background really works well as does the layered sentiment. I also loved reading your post. Your sense of humour comes shining through. I hope you manage to make peace with the "inconvenience" of having to turn away from your phone to blog and do challenges. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!