Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Determined!

Hey there!

The other day I was determined to make a list of my for-sale stamps and get them posted somewhere. I was on a pretty good roll until I had one setback, which is good, because I usually start second-guessing myself every other set. But! I stayed the course.

The only set that I couldn't part with was called Office Ephemera from 2004. I bought it and never used it! (used, but still!) It was still taped from the thrift store that I purchased it from. It works perfectly for the Retro Rubber anything goes challenge!!

Today, it was set free! I used my most (favorite-est, yes a word today) technique and went to work!

The Triple Layer Technique!!




This is my go-to technique when, well..... I just love it! It works especially well with pieces that can be collaged together. I paired it with the retiring in-colors (which I better get stocking up on) because they are SO pretty! I kick myself for not using it earlier. I typically like the new trendy stuff a year too late. I layered the stamped layers onto Lost Lagoon, sponged the layers with Early Espresso and paired with some retired ribbons. 

One day I'll have a card with all current products. One day....

Until then, have a stamptastic day!!

Supplies: 
Office Ephemera Stamps (ret)
Dusty Durango polka dot ribbon (ret)



6 comments:

  1. Cute cards! I love this technique as well but usually keep it at two layers. Three layers is so much fun!! Love how you made a very colorful collage and the ribbon and bow just top it off perfectly. Thank you for playing with our Retro Rubber challenge and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jayme: WOW!! this cards are fabulous, this technique is really beautiful and fun to do, you can use one set or combine sets with similar images.
    I love the colors you used, they all look so beautiful together.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber, hope to see you again in the gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the triple layer technique and you did it beautifully! Both cards are fantastic. Aren't you glad you inked it up?! We are... thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Hope we will see you in the gallery often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great cards! And the triple layer is awesome. But I must address this - selling some stamps! Egads! I am glad you stayed the course. I have been trying to de-stash and it just about kills me! Beautiful colors and stamps on these cards! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Super cards, love the triple layers, you totally should not part with this set, it seems to be made for you. Have you tried Darnell's NBUS challenges, its great for breaking out that never before used schtuff!. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your kind words!! Its great that I found this blog so maybe I can hold on to some of those wayward stamps that haven't had much use! Selling--I know! But I am all cluttered up in here! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!