Friday, January 15, 2016

Streak Day 13 & 14, A lesson in Simplicity.

Wow, what a busy few days!

Busy days call for FAST cards.  So fast that it's literally stamp, color done.

No time to fiddle with layouts,

No time to even look up the set on Pinterest for some inspiration. gasp!

Pure gut.

Day 13 was made while my daughter was in the bath. The only harm was that the dog could've been bathed by the time I got back. (It's happened before)

Cardstock: linen style, from my favorite print shop, she loves me and gave me a ton. Literally. 
Stamps: fabulous phrases (ret) and Flowering Fields (Sale-a-bration)
Ink: Primrose Petals (ret) and Old Olive applied with a blender pen. 
Accessories: wink of Stella pen, linen thread.

Day 14. Oh, how I love cows. I also love the fact that I am allowing myself to let the stamps make the statement. I love clean and simple cards, but the simplicity of these two particular cards scares the daylights out of me.

Is it enough? Yes, absolutely.

Stamp: Barnyard Babies
Ink: Early Espresso, Old Olive
Accessories: Naturals chevron ribbon, 1/4" wild wasabi stitched ribbon (could be wrong on the color) Target tinsel thick bakers yarn.




See, all you need is just a few minutes of creativity to keep the doctor away! I firsthand understand the feeling of the cards needing to be perfect and overly embellished. Get that feeling out of here. Make something. Anything. 

Then post for the whole world to see. Then (this is the most important step) send it to someone so they can enjoy it!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a stamptastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!