Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Card Streak Day 4 & 5

Hey everyone! Yesterday got away from me so now I'm catching up on posts (again).

Do you ever have days where a vision is in mind and you make a dud? Oh, man. I'll spare you the scary pictures, but it was B A D.

I originally wanted this card to be on dark cardstock, embossed with the same layout, but it didn't work. 'Nuff said.

Day 4

Regarding Dahliah's in Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler embossed on vellum (because it wouldn't dry) and Cherry Cobbler candy dots. Clean and simple!


Day 5
Day 5's card I felt like I needed to start pulling out some techniques (otherwise my cards would all start looking the same). This card broke me out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing! 

I used the ink block technique, where you use color ink, either from markers or ink pads, onto the clear acrylic block, spritz with water and then stamp direct to paper. I madee sure to really press it down and then let it sit for just a second so the ink can soak in. Since I had a good amount of ink still on the block, I rotated it 90 degrees and stamped again. It's a gorgeous technique that gives a wonderful watercolor background.

I then used the 'You've got this' stamp set and embossed the flower in black. I used the aqua painter and Bravo Burgundy (ret), More Mustard (ret) and Garden Green inks to color the flower. Some added sequins added a little pop to the card for that finished look.

At first I was not sure about the border, but the more I look at it, I really start to like it. I really wanted to add ribbon, twine or anything to break up the white space, but in the end it is better left alone.

:::In other news:::

IT'S SALE A BRATION TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!




My favorite time of the year!! There's nothing like getting rewarded for spending! Every $50 gets you a FREE stamp set from this little catalog. Clearance rack and weekly deals also count toward SAB!! There is some CU-UTE stuff!! Be sure to shop here and make me your demonstrator!  I'd love to help you!

Thats's all for today! Have a stamptastic day and thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!