Thursday, November 19, 2015

November Christmas Swap

Good morning!!

I've mentioned before that I was part of this great swap group and I'm excited to share my card!

Swaps are interesting, because I like to use what I already have, but the downfall is that you might not have enough supplies for 12 identical cards.

Luckily, I had enough supplies for this card:


Neat, right? I love how you can showcase both sides of the paper!

I CASED this card from Pinterest. The blog where it's posted just shows it listed as a swap from Becky Hay de Garcia. I tried to find a blog or anything recent, but couldn't. She hasn't posted on SCS in a while either, but I'm giving her credit!

I changed the colors to what I had a lot of-- Bermuda Bay and this stack I bought a few years back. Let me tell you, even though Bermuda Bay is a current color, this paper was from waaaaay back when it was introduced as an In Color, around 2008-2009 timeframe. I loved that most of those colors are now current! It was a great relief to use up that paper has been staring me in the face all these years. 

I added the snowflakes, a rhinestone brad, a pearl, and a silver floral-like ribbon as the finishing touches and keep it from looking so bare. 

I'm excited to see what I get in return! 

Are you part of a swap group? Comment with your favorite part about it. I would say mine is the community, but I mail mine off so I like the surprise of what's going to be in my mailbox!


Supplies: All SU! unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Delightful Dozen (ret). 
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Winter Frost DSP Stack (ret), DCWV Glizy Glitter stack. 
Ink: Bermuda Bay. 
Accessories: Clear circle rhinestone brads (ret), Pearl, snowflake punch (ret), metallic silver offray 3/8" ribbon. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a stamptastic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!