Sunday, January 27, 2013

Monochromatic Blues

Good morning! So instead of posting in order from October,  I just picked a card I made recently.  A friend of mine just lost her grandma to a long struggle with cancer and I was inspired to make a card very similar to one by Mary Fish (she is my stamping crush!). She made this beautiful card that I knew that if I replicated, would be well received.

Below is my version. I used the new Midnight Muse In-Color and I love it! I am in love with this new palette to be honest! I really like the monochromatic look and the individual tiles can be chosen to reflect the person. 

Gah! I noticed the smudged tile after taking the picture. It was replaced, don't worry!
The tiles are punched from the 1 1/4" square punch. I also added a little shimmer using Smooch Spritz that I recently purchased off the clearance rack. I am in LOVE with it. I've been smooching everything! I added some sparkly touches here and there and voila! It was a wrap!

Speaking of smooches. Check out my helper! This is how she was occupied while making this card. Never too young to stamp! 

Carefully choosing a stamp set.  Look at set, taste test, discard. Repeat.
Have a stamptastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!