Thursday, May 19, 2011

Almost Alaska time!!

So sorry for the lack of posts! Like I've mentioned before, we are a military family so we move often. Finally after 6 long years, its time to head back to America!! Its so real now that the movers came, packed, and loaded the trucks.

I watched my crafty fun things get boxed into little cardboard prisons. (If you listen carefully, you can hear them yelling for their freedom.) :( So, that said I won't be making anything new until mid-July :(. But, still have loads of things that I haven't posted, so I'm going to try and stretch them until I get my things back.
That was the very first crate all sealed up...5 more followed! eek!

I went to Las Vegas, NV. for the first time May 5-9th for one of my bestest friends wedding. Yes, indeed it was a planned LV wedding and I got to be a bridesmaid! It was beautiful and well worth the long flight from London!

Here is the card I made for her. It was a case from Connie Hagenow on Stampin' Connection! 


I used a texturz plate for the background, Punch Bunch for the hearts, the big ol' scallop punch, and the Occasional Quotes stamp set for the sentiment. I also heat embossed the images on the hearts with a black sparkly powder that I picked up locally and the Iridescent Ice SU embossing powder. Oh, and Elegant Eggplant ink for the sentiment as well. If you look closely, you can see I used Iridescent Ice on the Love as well to make it pop! She loved it!

Thanks for the patience as we move to our new home!! Have a scrap-tastic day for me!

3 comments:

  1. Wooooohooooooooooo!! I was wondering why you had been so quiet :-) You are arriving in Fairbanks at a great time of yr, and it gives you plenty of time to shop for winter gear,hehehehe. I hope you and your family have safe travels here, and I cant wait to hear that you are just a few hrs north of me!!

    Love that card, its so elegant looking! The Iridescent Ice is a perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get up there!! Still seems so far away! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower from SC, here's my blog so you can return the favor!
    http://sarasstampspace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!