Saturday, March 19, 2011

Annie's Birthday

Good morning! I made this as part of my crafty Friday! Here is a birthday card I made for my best friend from kindergarten, Annie.  Her 28th birthday is fast approaching and I needed to get in gear to get it mailed on time!


I wanted to keep this as simple and elegant as I could. But, its hard when you are used to adding lots of cutsies! I used Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, and River Rock just like my SU Color Coach said to. (Sometimes I doubt that thing, but rarely do I ever have anything bad turn out. If I do, its from my own doing.)  I ran the strip of River Rock through my crimper, doubled up the Very Vanilla seam binding and tied it with twine. I framed the 'stamp' stamp (lol) with Baja Breeze and distressed it a bit. I also used the Circle Circus stamp set for the bubbly look in Melon Mambo on the same colored paper, just to add a little umph to it. The 'just for you' is from the Sock Monkey stamp set.

I have no idea the origin of the Butterfly Stamp set, I picked it up at a local thrift store. I believe it's an SU oldie, but can't be sure. The set came in one of the SU plastic cases that the wood mounts come in, but the previous owner didn't label it. There are a bunch of vintag-y stamps in there and is a real pretty set. If you know its origins, feel free to let me know!

Have a scrap-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!